Happy Diwali - One Man Band cover!
Happy Diwali everyone!
We have another cover of our original song - this is Dani's one man band version!
Everything you hear in the video was played by Dani!
How many instruments can you count? Let us know in the comments!
* Diwali is an awesome festival that comes from India. People often think of Diwali as a Hindu festival, but it's also celebrated by Sikhs and Jains too.
*It takes place every year (like Xmas) and lasts for five days and marks the start of the Hindu New Year. The dates change each year because it depends on the position of the moon, something for budding astronomers to figure out! It usually falls between October and November. (**editor's note - In our home, we celebrate Halloween and Diwali to make it Diwaloween) !
* Diwali (or Deepavali as it’s sometimes called) means “row of lights” in Sanskrit. That is a very, very old language! During the festival, people decorate their homes with lights and oil lamps, called diyas and also with Rangolis. Check our our Rangoli vid.
* Diwali honours the Hindu goddess of wealth, Lakshmi. The lights and lamps are said to help Lakshmi find her way into peoples’ homes, bringing prosperity in the year to come! Everyone has fun with friends and family with lots of foods and gift exchanged.They wear new clothes and decorate their homes too.
* Rangoli is an amazing Diwali tradition. Awesome patterns are made using colourful powders and flowers. People draw rangolis on the floor by the entrance of their homes to welcome the gods and bring good luck! They are not permanent and once made can blow away with the wind, but hey isn't like anything beautiful in life, it is there for the moment to be enjoyed before the next phase of life begins.
* Diwali is celebrated by thousands of people all around the world. During Diwali, Hindus living outside India gather at places of worship to leave offerings to deities, watch fireworks and eat yummy food together!